Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer

I know it has really been to long since I posted and I know I need to do it more often because I forget things if I don't.

This is Marshall at 1 month old. I think he was about 12 lbs then and almost wearing 6 month clothes. I keep waiting for Katie and Zach to get bored with him but is hasn't happened yet. They like to get really close to his face to talk to him. It's really annoying. However, in their defense, they have been very helpful when I ask them to get me things or put things away.
This is Katie and Zach's Joy School graduation. They had a lot of fun at joy school and had some great teachers. Thanks to all my friends involved with that. We will really miss Janelle and Carlie. Amy didn't do Joy School but we'll miss her too.

Jake as started his unpaid internship with customs and border protection and is also working part time for an attorney here in Tucson just doing some office work.
I really like having three kids, even though I am sleeping a lot less than I used to. I try to stay patient and understanding. Sometimes I surprise myself and I handle things very calmly and other times I lose it and start slamming cabinets and doors. I have yet to break something but I'm sure that time will come.
Katie is super excited to start kindergarten in August. I think we got her into a really good school. It is a charter school that puts a lot of focus on science, math and computers. I hope she enjoys it and does well.
It is getting really hot here in Tucson and so I have been trying to get down to the pool as often as I can with a new born. I really need to get the kids into swimming lessons. I think it is going to be a long and boring summer.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever want to take Katie and Zac swimming you can always leave Marshal at my place so it's not so hot for him. We're literally right across from the pool and he could take a nap in Alissa crib. Just let me know, I'm home most of the time.

Unknown said...

Just have loaves of bread ready for when you need something to smoosh. It's very therapeutic. You do remember mom doing that, don't you? And then save the crumbs for frying chicken. :-) And FYI, hot wheels cars will fly surprisingly far when thrown in anger. Aim carefully. :-)

Kimberly Porter said...

You are so honest. I. LOVE. IT.

Elizabeth said...

Heather, you make me feel so much better. Children are truly a test of patience. I once threw a spoon at Hyrum, and immediately regretted it. I can second Amy's comment about toy cars- they are dangerous. Bryce locked me out of his room once and I busted the door in. Ridiculous behavior, I know. Some peoples' kids! Love your pictures- your babies are always so adorable.

uniquelynat said...

when i get angry i clean (and walk around muttering to myself) the other day i threw away a debit card because it was in a pile that was just cluttering things up.....oh well. i was hoping i hadn't and that i would be blessed to find it. but i came to the conclusion that when you do things in anger you don't receive those types of blessings. *sigh* it was a lesson to me....and i'm sure i'll forget it and do it again some time.

i can't believe how big your kids are! they are sooo cute! and the baby is so big. how fun to have a new one at your house. and big helpers to go along with that!

Unknown said...

Sorry for the bad example. Now I have children throwing things all over the place. Really though, telling everyone about the smashed bread. I don't think I did it more than once. twice?

Sherri Romney said...

Fun pics! Marshall has gotten so big already. I bet it is great to have two little helpers... Hope all goes well with the internship and I hope you get some more pool time! ;) Love ya