Thursday, April 30, 2009

Marshall has arrived!!

Well it has been about a week and so I guess it is time to post. His name is James Marshall but we are going to call him Marshall.
This pregnancy and my labor and delivery was very frustrating for me. For some reason unknown to me, this kid would not get into the proper position for exiting the womb. He was breech for a good 3 months at least, maybe more. That is something I never want to experience again. I had an external version done at 37 weeks and it was so terrible. It did work and he did get his head down but he was posterior until he was born. I was in labor having contraction with pitocin for 24 hours and not dilating past a 4 when they finally broke my water. I ended up having an epidural because I was so tired and the contractions were worse than they were with Zach. (Liz I don't know how you had Harley) I have mixed feelings about the epidural. It was really nice not having to feel the contractions but it was hard to know when to push and then I really didn't like the way I felt afterwards. I don't think I will get another one, but I'm glad I had it for this last one.

This was right after he was born. He immediately found his fingers. He was 9 lbs 7 oz and was 21 inches long. Zach weighed the same but was 2 inches shorter. Once his hair dried it was brown and his skin isn't as dark as Zachary's.
A few days old here. We caught him with his eyes open which hardly ever happens. He is such a sleepy baby. I don't know if it's just the way he is or if it's from having the epidural. My other kids were not sleepy like him. For being so sleepy, he does keep me awake for a good part of the night. Another thing I forgot about having a new born, I am seriously sleep deprived.
Jake has always like to tease the kids. Even when they are only a few days old. He did this with the other kids too. They really get suckin on his nose when they are hungry and Jake thinks it's so funny. Soon Jake will start growling at him and he'll cry and that will be funny too.

7 comments:

Sherri Romney said...

Look at his hair!! I'm sorry that it was such an ordeal for you... I'm glad it is all over, except for the sleep deprivation AND being mommy full time... I was sorry to hear about your dad.

Larsens said...

he is so cute heather!... just so handsome. so much dang cute hair! he looks so big!
i am sorry you are so sleep deprived. thats so tough to get used too. i cant wait to meet that little guy. is jake almost done with finals? what does he do in the summer?

uniquelynat said...

He's super cute heather!!! congratulations on the birth of another healthy lee!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

He is beautiful! Congrats again you guys!

Shells said...

Congratulations. I'm glad that everyone is well and I hope you have had a nice recovery. I love his hair.

The {Prince} Family said...

Look at that hair! He and baby Delaney (Kel's new baby) look like twins with all that hair.

Congrats to the both of you!

Britney and Kevin said...

That's so awesome guys! Congrats! He is so darling like his brother!