Tuesday, October 13, 2009

drama

Katie has been talking about a 2nd grader that goes to her school and how pretty this girl is. Apparently this other girl has curly hair. I told Katie that she was pretty just the way she was and that she had really nice strait hair but she wanted it curly for just one day. We tried the sponge rollers. It didn't turn out well. I meant to get a picture after I took them out but I didn't have the chance. She did not like it at all and insisted that if she went to school with hair like that then everyone would laugh at her. I ended up brushing it out with a wet brush so that it was just wavy. It was also a half day that day so she was able to wear her own clothes instead of her uniform. It was a stressful morning to say the least. I can't wait for her to be a teenager. NOT!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dana is always wanting curly hair too and it is stick straight. I'm sure if I'd let her perm her hair she would be so happy. But I'm not into chemically treating children's hair. I'm surprised the sponge rollers didn't work for Katie. Have you tried hot rollers in her hair?

mommy2cjn said...

If you twist the hair into dreadlock-type things, and then roll them up, it works a little better. Make sure to keep the rollers horizontal. ;) Just a trick I learned. Un roll them a little, and then turn it vertical, and slide the roller out of her hair. It should turn out like little ringlets. Hope that helps, if you wanted to try again.
(BTW, I am an old friend of Jake's.) ;)

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

We all want what we can't have! I remember days when I wanted to have straight hair! It never really got straight. You are a sweet mommy to try and appease her though.