Friday, January 9, 2009

Katie lost her first tooth

I got to play tooth fairy tonight for the first time. She has been waiting for it to come out on its own for almost 3 weeks. She was so excited when it finally came lose and fell into her hand. She had a hard time going to sleep until we told her that the tooth fairy wasn't going to come unless she  was asleep.
Jacob starts school again on Tuesday and is looking forward to going back and getting busy again. It has been nice having him home for the past 3 weeks. He has been so helpful.
Some of my friends and I are starting a Joy School for our little kids this next week and Katie and Zach can't wait to get started. We have really nice friends here in Tucson that we get together with very regularly. 
My pregnancy is coming along very nicely. I don't feel this baby moving very much because the placenta is front of the baby. My midwife didn't seem real concerned about this. I guess as long as it isn't under the baby all is well. For those of you wondering, I am not having my baby at home or in a birthing center. I am having my baby at TMC (Tucson Medical Center). Some times when I mention a midwife people assume I'm delivering at home. I'm not, I just wanted to try something different and so far I am very happy. 

2 comments:

Kimberly Porter said...

I'm glad you joined the blogging world! Ours is www.porterhouserules.blogspot.com

We can't wait for Joy School to start, either.

How much did the tooth fairy give Katie?

Scott and Candice Moore said...

That is so cool that she lost her tooth! Seriously I wouldn't worry about the weight gain during pregnancy..every one is different..for all three of my boys I gained 68lbs..YIKES..don't know how I do it cause no one believes me when I tell them that I get that fat..apparently I don't look it..But it all comes off in the end thankfully! I delievered two of my kids at TMC..it is a nice hospital they have a great maternity ward. I am delivering this baby there to. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me which sucks when you are in Labor. Good luck with your pregnancy!