Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cows and Chickens

We spent this last weekend in Pima and had lots of fun while we were there. I wanted to go because my sisters milk cow was about calf and I didn't want my kids to miss it. We were lucky enough to be there when it happened. I do have some pictures of my brother-in-law pulling out the calf in his church clothes but they are kind of gross so i decided to leave them out. 

This right after he was born. 

This was the next morning after he was all cute and dry.





This little guy came from one of the steers. My sister has a pretty good idea which one but I don't think they know for sure who the mother is. He is really really small. The mama cow kind of adopted him. He follows her around and even lets him nurse from her. He is very cute.


My kids always love to go check the chicken coop for eggs and there is usually a few in the nest. I grew up with chickens and I really like that my kids enjoy them so much. 






These are just a few pics of my kids being silly. They really like to dress up in costumes and sometimes Katie can get really creative. This is her Christmas Rockette costume. 





No comments: