Monday, April 13, 2009

Vertex!! woo hoo!!

I am feeling a lot better since this baby has been turned head down. I had an External Version done at the Tucson Medical Center last week and it was so awful. The Dr. that did was really nice but he pushed down so hard to get the baby around. He was holding him in his hands, pushing and turning while I lay an my back screaming. I don't even make noise while I'm in labor ( I have never had an epidural either) and I just couldn't keep it in. I felt so much better afterwards though. My belly wasn't as sore and my hips felt better. It was worth doing but if he turns himself back around I'm just going to have a C-section. I don't think I could go through that again. 
Jake is almost done with his first year of law school. His finals start 3 days after my due date and they last for 2 weeks. I might go to Pima and stay with my mom for a few days during the 2nd week.
Katie keeps telling me that she wants to hold the baby and he needs to come already. I do agree with her. I need to put a picture up of this pregnancy. I really am sticking strait out in front. I have a hard time getting through the halls in church and through the relief society room with out being stopped and commented on.  
Two weeks ago my dad was in a terrible car accident. He was the only one involved and he was very lucky to have survived it. He over corrected and rolled his truck off the road and down  a hill. It was about mid night and someone was driving behind him and saw it happen. He was taken to Tucson in a helicopter and ended up staying there for a week. He broke his neck (C6 and C7) had surgery that lasted for 5 or 6 hours and now has a halo on that he will have to live with for the next 2 to 3 months. He has kept a surprisingly good mood despite his condition. We have had lots of family and friends visit and call and help out in his garden. I now he really appreciates it. 


No comments: