Saturday, August 1, 2009

My domestic skills

This morning we woke up at 5:30 to go pick peaches in a "pick your own" orchard just north of Tucson. This place was so pretty. I think it was only two acres and this guy had a ton of trees. I wish I had taken a picture of it. I loved the way he planted his tomatoes on a fence line. If anyone knows me well then they know that I really like tomato plants. Well, I just like gardens in-general. Anyhow, when we got home I got right to work on the peaches and canned 14 pints. I still have a bunch of peaches left and so I will make jam on Monday. Hopefully it will set right and not just be thick syrup. Wish me luck.

I have also canned beans, chicken, zucchini relish, and grape jelly. It has been a productive summer. There is something about canning that is so satisfying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is that orchard? I've only been to the one in Wilcox.

Wendy said...

I am so impressed! someday I will be like you! Thanks for letting us come over yesterday! It was very fun and we should do it more often! can't wait for next weekend.

Unknown said...

Good job Heather!