Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Breech baby

We had a really fun vacation 2 weekends ago. I do plan to post about that, but I still have to put the pics on my computer. So for now I just have other news. 
Last week I went to my O.B. appointment with my midwife and told her of this terrible pain I have been having at the top of my belly. I have also been having a lot of pain in my hips and other bones in that area.  She felt around on my belly and then told me that my baby is breech. Apparently his head is getting boxed into a spot up there that is causing  this sharp pain. This pain makes it hard to get up from sitting and... well any movement hurts really. It almost feels like a HARD contraction in a very specific spot that doesn't really go away. His feet keep kicking me down on the other end making it sore most of the time. It also makes sleeping difficult. I have decided to see a chiropractor that is registered in the Webster's Breech Technique. I hope it works. I have heard that it works pretty much most of the time. I called to make an appointment and I talked with the chiropractor for about 25 min. and she told me that the sooner the better. At 32 weeks everything should work out. 
Katie and Zach have been driving my crazy most days. I know it's not their fault. I have been extra cranky, emotional, and crazy these days. I just can't stand the noise. I have a hard time with loud noise anyway, it just seems like lately if they start playing to loudly I...... well no one should know what I would really like to do.  I think it's hard for them not being able to go outside as well. Since we are in a complex they have to ask, and I don't let them unless the weather is nice enough to leave the doors open. I don't know any of the neighbors either and my kids will talk to anyone. Everywhere else we have lived it hasn't been a problem and they could go outside whenever. 
They really like their pre-school. The other moms and I take turns teaching and this week is my turn. Last time my kids did okay. This time having it at our house was not so good. Katie and Zach both cried for the first 40 min. They didn't want to share their things with everyone at the same time. I don't know why. It was a little stressful. Oh well. I just need to finish this week and then I have one more turn. I can do it. Even with swollen ankles. 
On a happier note, Jake has been really great to me. He made Valentines day and my birthday really great. He cleaned the house and did the laundry on my birthday. I really could not have asked for anything better. I HATE doing laundry. We had breakfast at Mimi's Cafe which I have been wanting for months. It was great.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Come over anytime!!

Elizabeth said...

Heather! I'm sorry you are having a tough time. You deserve a smooth transition from morning sickness to delivery! I have heard about chiropractors being able to turn a baby. This happened to an officer's wife I know, but she may have already been in labor, and it didn't work. I'm sure it will work for you though.:) Have Jake give you a blessing and know that we are praying for you.
Love ya,
Liz

Rosalyn Francis said...

Hey cute girl! I am sooo happy to have found your blog on Nat's list...

I didn't know you guys were at UofA. (I was born there, a college baby).

I miss you and have thought about how well you garden. Can't believe how grown up your babies are! hang in there, you can do it!

Lolly Jane said...

OH MY GOSH what are you my TWIN?! i'm due on the 27th and my baby's breech too!!!!!! what the?! she's the 1st of my 4 to be breech and her odds of flipping are slim. my c-sec is scheduled for the 21st. HOLY HELL you CAN relate to my upper pain in my ribs, horray! i thought i was being a baby complaining so much and esp not being able to sleep but someone understands! aaaaaaah, the things we do for our babies! i hope he flips for you!!

Kelli said...

oops, i'm signed in under my vinyl blog, meant to be signed in under my mullins blog. it's me, not a stalker! :)